HOW IS COACHING DELIVERED, WHAT DOES THE PROCESS LOOK LIKE?
Coaching typically begins with a personal interview (either face-to-face or by teleconference call) to assess the individual's or business’ current opportunities and challenges, define the scope of the relationship, identify priorities for action and establish specific desired outcomes.
Subsequent coaching sessions may be conducted in person or over the telephone, with each session lasting a previously established length of time. Between scheduled coaching sessions, the individual may be asked to complete specific actions that support the achievement of one's personally prioritized goals. The coach may provide additional resources in the form of relevant articles, checklists, assessments or models to support the individual's or business’ thinking and actions. The duration of the coaching relationship varies depending on needs and preferences.
Coaching sessions typically last for 45 minutes and consist of two sessions per month for an initial period of 3 or 6 months.
We also offer a free 30 minute taster session so you can experience coaching first hand.
WHAT DOES THE COACH DO, WHAT DOES THE INDIVIDUAL DO?
- Provides objective assessment and observations that foster the individual's or team’s self-awareness and awareness of others
- Listens closely to fully understand the individual's or team's circumstances
- Acts as a sounding board in exploring possibilities and implementing thoughtful planning and decision making
- Champions opportunities and potential, encouraging stretch and challenge commensurate with personal strengths and aspirations
- Fosters shifts in thinking that reveal fresh perspectives
- Challenges blind spots to illuminate new possibilities and support the creation of alternative scenarios
- Maintains professional boundaries in the coaching relationship, including confidentiality, and adheres to the coaching profession's code of ethics
- Creates the coaching agenda based on personally meaningful coaching goals
- Uses assessment and observations to enhance self-awareness and awareness of others
- Envisions personal and/or organizational success
- Assumes full responsibility for personal decisions and actions
- Utilizes the coaching process to promote possibility thinking and fresh perspectives
- Takes courageous action in alignment with personal goals and aspirations
- Engages big-picture thinking and problem-solving skills
- Takes the tools, concepts, models and principles provided by the coach and engages in effective forward actions
The co-active model
Our personal coaching uses the Co-Active coaching model. At its most basic, Co-Active means simply ‘being in action . . . together’. Or perhaps it might be more appropriate to say ‘being together . . . in action’.
As the pace of our lives has quickened, we have become increasingly action oriented and results driven. It seems expedient to dispense with all the “soft” stuff of (being) and just push to get the job done (active) that is right in front of us. Unfortunately, this leaves us feeling disconnected and desperate for meaning and belonging. We wind up with what we might call “the hamster wheel” experience of life as we run around alone in circles desperately trying to get things done, only to find ourselves right back where we started.
This is why it is so important to begin with the co. Action arising from this place of being and receptivity is whole and integrated rather than disconnected and driven. In order for us to experience life as whole, action must be grounded in being and our sense of connection to a larger wholeness. When the co and the active go together, the action of our life is nourishing and fulfilling.
The hyphen in Co-Active is very important because it holds both the interrelatedness and the balance between co and active. The hyphen represents the paradox of “both and” rather than “either or”.
In the place of co, of essence (being), there is absolutely nothing to do but live our lives fully. At the same time, while there is nothing to fix or do, it is important to continually reach (active) for an ever-expanding version of our Self. Being in committed action!
ready to take tHe next step?
Then get in touch today